Building trust is one of the most important aspects of leadership. As a leader, you will need to have an executable plan to develop trust. As you continue on your leadership path, the plan will become more ingrained and even take some adjustment, but you must begin somewhere.
Read the following article:
- Reagan, B. (2004). How to score high on the trust equation. National Underwriter/P&C, 108(19), 10â€“11.
Using this article as a foundation, develop a plan on how you will develop trust within your staff.
Be sure to include specific examples of the activities and rationale behind your plan. For example:
- Communication (how you will communicate)
- Modeling (what types of activities will you use to model)
- Commitment (how your staff will know that you are committed)
- Accountability (what the accountability measures are and who or what will hold you accountable)