What is the number one social justice issue contemporary cause or political movement that is most important to you?
For Component #3 of the portfolio, you will:
- Think about all of the ideas, theories, research studies, social issues, and case studies we have explored throughout the semester, then
- Answer the following questions.
- Your response to each set of questions should be be about one paragraph long (approximately 5-7 sentences) for a total of 3 paragraphs.
1. What is the number one social justice issue, contemporary cause, or political movement that is most important to you? Describe the issue/cause/movement and explain why it matters to you. Then, explain how MGMT 640 helps to change or deepen your awareness of this issue.
2. What can you do to get more involved with respect to this issue/cause/movement? How can you inform others of why this issue/cause matters to you and why it should perhaps matter to them? What are some opportunities for volunteering or service-learning that you could participate in that are related to this issue/cause? What long-term commitments are you willing to make to have an impact in this area? Be specific.
3. What kind of career/industry do you see yourself pursuing? How would you determine whether or not an organization is a good fit for you with respect to your JEDI values? How might you influence the organization to care about the cause/movement you described above, regardless of the position you hold?