What are the different responsibilities of the warden and other prison administrators?
- What factors contribute to high correctional populations? What impact do drug laws have on them?
- Name and describe at least four of the major U.S. Supreme Court decisions affording rights to prisoners.
- What is a direct supervision jail, and how does it differ in design and function from traditional jails?
- How do super max prisons operate differently from other prisons? What concerns have been raised concerning their alleged effects on inmates, constitutionality, and public safety?
- Why was the Prison Litigation Reform Act enacted? Has it made an impact in that regard?
1. What are the different responsibilities of the warden and other prison administrators?
2. What are the types of correctional officers, per Farkas? Describe each.
3. What are the primary roles of jail administrators?