The Meta-themes paper must be formatted as follows:
PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: SARS epidemic in Toronto in 2003.
- Word document
- One-inch margins
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Page numbers in upper-right-hand corner
- Your essay should begin with an introductory paragraph that sets forth your thesis for the essay. Your thesis should identify an important point about the management of global cities that you think is supported by your subsequent discussion of one of the four meta-themes addressed in the course. This paragraph should be about half a page long.
- Your essay should end with a conclusion restating your hypothesis and explaining what you think contemporary urban managers should understand about global cities based on your preceding discussion. This paragraph should be about half a page long.
- The body of your essay should be comprised of four paragraphs, each about half a page in length. Three of the paragraphs should be based on Readings that address the meta-theme you chose for the essay; be sure to include a brief but meaningful quotation from the Readings in each paragraph. The fourth paragraph should be based on a Case that addresses the meta-theme you chose; be sure to include a brief but meaningful quotation from the Case in this paragraph.
- With the cover page (1), introductory paragraph (1/2), and conclusion (1/2), your paper should run to no more than 4 pages total.
- To cite your sources, place the name of the author of the reading or the name of the case, followed by the page number of the quotation you use: for example, (Butler/Lees, 72) or (VF Brands, 2). Remember that all the references will be to Readings or Cases, so simply use the information from the syllabus for each source you cite; you do not need a reference page.