For Assignment 3 the newspaper article you choose must have been published between February 16, 2019 and March 29, 2019.
The region for the article selection for this assignment is Africa or any specific country within that continent. Not U.S. policy toward that region or refugees to the U.S. from that region.
– Must be at least 500 words
Assignments consist of finding a newspaper article that appears during the time period of the course listed in the assignment, either in a local paper or in an on-line newspaper such as the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Sun Times, Washington Post, Greenwood Commonwealth or any other United States or English language newspaper. This means CNN, yahoo, Fox News, MSNBC, Huffington Post, etc. are not eligible for these assignments. ONLY NEWSPAPERS/NEWSPAPER websites. Each article must have some discussion of, or allusion to, a region of the world designated for that particular assignment—See Assignments Tab as the regions change for each assignment. These are not articles on the U.S., U.S. policy in that region or immigrants from that region to the U.S.
1. These articles must come from newspapers, not websites unconnected to a print paper.
2. Cite the article [Title of the article, author [if given], name of the newspaper, date of publication] AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAPER. Put your name at the top of the paper, as well. No repeat headers allowed in your papers.
3. You are to summarize the article and the point of view of the author.
5. Then indicate whether you agree or disagree with what is presented and whether your textbook sheds any light on the subject—use the index and cite the textbook pages.
6. Comment on how history is “used” by contemporary authors to support their points of view or illustrate subject matters they deal with.
7. Have you learned anything from the article?
8. Finally, and most importantly, what are the specific sources the author(s) cite(s)/uses to support the article?