This assignment is due by tomorrow night Sunday March 20th at 11:59PM EST. The accompanying assignments are attached and the instructions are as follows:
Strategic Fit With the Industry Environment Assessment
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Analyze the strategic elements of organizations and their external environments by applying theories and models of strategy.
- Conduct a competitive analysis of the firm, using resource-based theory or value chain model.
- Critically evaluate information from core business functions and the value chain to enhance knowledge of organizational strategic position and direction.
- Analyze the strategic position and direction of the firm.
- Evaluate how the firm’s organizational structure and management systems support execution of the firm’s strategy.
- Create a comprehensive organizational strategy assessment.
- Analyze concerns or opportunities about the firm’s strategic fit with its competition, suppliers, and customers.
- Communicate in a manner that is professional and consistent with expectations for members of the business professions.
Assignment Description and Instructions
Write a detailed report of your analytical findings and strategic issues from your analysis of the industry environment. Explain that this analysis focuses on the strategic elements of industry environment and concerns or opportunities of how the strategic elements fit with the strategy as reported in the Strategic Frame Assessment previously delivered to the VP.
- Conduct a competitive analysis of the firm, using the theories and models of strategic analysis. Are their vital PEST (Political, Environmental, Social, Technological) factors shaping the industry conditions? Which competitive forces (Porter’s 5-Forces Model) on the firm are most intense?
- Analyze the strategic position and direction of the firm. Evaluate its corporate strategy. In which market segments does the firm participate? What are the buyer’s purchase criteria and basis of competition (Key Success Factors) for the market segment? Should the firm reposition its resources and capabilities (change its product scope, vertical scope, or geographical scope) in anticipation of changes in industry structural factors or competitive forces?
- Articulate concerns or opportunities about the firm’s strategic fit with its competition, suppliers, and customers.
- Evaluate the degree to which the organizational structure and management systems enable the execution of the corporate strategy. Consider the organization of functional capabilities and value chain capabilities of the firm. Assuming the firm employs a diversification or vertical integration strategy, could costs be reduced or revenue be increased by economizing the scale of diversification? Could costs be reduced or revenue be increased by downsizing or outsourcing activities in the vertical scope of the firm?
- Submit your report in a business format, noting submission requirements below.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Business formatting:
- Length: 2–3 double-spaced, typed pages.
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th ed.) style and formatting. Minimum of one source required.