Planning and constructing a sport facility requires cooperation between a variety of people, agencies, and interests. For this assignment, you will use the online library databases to select an article that focuses on the planning and construction of a sport facility. Specific journals that may have relevant articles include the Journal of Sport Management, the Journal of Facility Planning, Design, and Management, or The Sport Journal. The article must be from a peer-reviewed, scholarly journal such as these. Please contact the library team if you need assistance locating an article in the library’s databases.
After selecting your article, you will write a two-page paper sharing what it was about and your critique of the article. In your article critique, include specifics regarding the design and construction regulations used during the planning or building of the facility, and identify the major trends that influenced the planning of the equipment used in the facility. Be sure to incorporate material from the assigned reading from your textbook, and explain how your selected article relates to the information covered in this unit.
Steps for completing the assignment are as follows:
- Navigate to the online library, select a database, and select an appropriate article.
- Read the article and think about the points the author has made in relation to the content of this unit.
- Using elements of the article, form a reaction to the article and the author’s viewpoint. Prepare to share your critique of the article.
- Make sure that your opinion/critique is the result of your insight as well as your logical and critical thinking. A simple statement of agreement or disagreement is not sufficient. You must clearly and logically state (and cite) the reasons for your opinion.
- Write the paper. Include in the content:
- an introductory statement about whether you agree or disagree with the author,
- an overview of the article’s main points and how it relates to the topics covered in this unit, identification of design and construction regulations involved in the building of the facility,
- major trends that impacted the planning of the facility,
- your critique of the article, and
- a summary of your reaction to the article.
- Submit your paper according to the information provided below.
Paper requirements are as follows:
- Write a minimum of two double-spaced pages (plus a title page and reference page).
- Address the topic of the paper using critical thought. The required information listed above should clearly stand out and be unambiguous. Otherwise, it will be determined to be missing.
- Ensure that all parts of your paper are formatted according to the APA style as detailed in the approved APA manual.
- Include a title page that includes:
- title of paper,
- your name, and
- university name.
- Include an introductory section at the start of your paper.
- Include the following first-level headings:
- Summary of the Article
- How the Article Relates to Chapter Concepts
- Design and Construction Regulations
- Trends that Impacted Planning
- Critique of the Article
- Include a reference page as the final page of your paper. Ensure that this page is completed and formatted according to the correct APA style.
- Avoid the serious consequence of plagiarism by using your own words and including citations for sources you used.
- As with all discussion board responses and assignments, non-scholarly sources such as Wikipedia and About.com may not be cited in your work.