- Read the introduction and conclusion.
- Scan the article for major headings.
- Identify the three or four major or main points for each article.
- Identify any sources of evidence or support.
- Seek connections between the articles in terms of HRM current state, future state, and specific application.
There are two (2) peer reviewed articles you need to read for this discussion.
- Swart, J., & Kinnie, N. (2014). Reconsidering boundaries: Human resource management in a networked world. Human Resource Management, 53(2), 291–310.
- Human resource management. (2014). Human Resource Management, 53(6), 1–16.
- This article is a compilation of select abstracts of what is currently trending in HR. Not in itself an article.
- Use this as resource to select a trend you find of interest.
- Then search for a peer-reviewed article focused within your selected trend—this then becomes your second article that you will read and use in the discussion.
The last point, you have latitude for the case analysis—you can rely on an anecdotal description applying what you have read within your own organization or experience. Or you can seek a case study within the literature to apply what you have read.
In summary, read the Swart and Kinnie (2014) article and find another article based on a trend you select from Human Resource Management (2014). Apply MEAL to these two articles. Then do a case analysis of the trends just described based on your own experience (opinion or personal observation is permitted, please be specific) or research an application to a case study company.
Use APA headings to format your initial discussion post. Use the APA Module, linked in the Resources, to guide your formatting. Use the following list to develop your post and include the information you gather under its corresponding heading:
- Introduction: Tell the reader the purpose of the post and what will be covered.
- Theory: Article Comparisons: Identify and describe the main points of the three articles.
- Case Example: Demonstrate an application.
- Conclusion: What are the key takeaways?
Your post to this discussion must include at least two cited scholarly references, either peer-reviewed journal or practitioner journal, in addition to the course assigned readings, and must be a minimum of 300 words in length. Remember to list your references in APA format at the end of your post.