differentiated instructional strategies (CLO5/Evaluating) and; develop lesson plans that incorporate CCSS
develop lesson plans for students with mild to moderate disabilities that include differentiated instructional strategies (CLO5/Evaluating) and;
develop lesson plans that incorporate CCSS, IEP goals, effective assessment practices, and evidence-based strategies for promoting self-determination skills for a variety of classroom settings serving students with mild to moderate disabilities (CLO5/Evaluating).
Content Expectations: Submit each of the following for evaluation:
- Classroom (4 points): Using the lesson plans from prior weeks as a model format, develop a lesson plan downloadthat incorporates differentiated instructional strategies, CCSS, IEP goals, effective assessment practices, and evidence-based strategies for promoting self-determination skills for Bianca in your choice of either Mr. Franklin or Mrs. Mills’ classroom.
- Reflection (4 points): Write a one page rationale for each lesson plan explaining why you chose the differentiated instructional strategies for Bianca in the lesson plan you did instead of other possible choices. Provide your collaborative suggestions to appropriately address content, multiple intelligences, and the learning styles of diverse learners. Consider the additional factors that are evident in real-world classrooms where attention must be given to strategies to differentiate content based on student readiness, interest and learning profile.
- Syntax and Mechanics (1 point): Exhibit meticulous use of grammar, spelling, and organization, throughout your submission.
- Organization (.5 points): Use the lesson plan template provided.
- Source Requirement (1 point): Reference at least five scholarly sources, which may include your course textbook, in order to provide credible evidence to support your ideas.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources downloadtable offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Additional Page Requirement (.5 points): Your submission must include a separate title and reference page.
- APA format (1 point): All in text citations, page format and references must be written in APA 6th edition format.
Cohen, L. & Spenciner, L. (2009) Teaching students with mild and moderate disabilities: Research-based practices (2nd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Publication.
American Psychological Association. (2002). Ethical principles of psychologists and code of conduct. American Psychologist, 57(12), 1060-1073. doi:10.1037/0003-066X.57.12.1060
Bremer, C. D., Kachgal, M., & Schoeller, K. (2003). Self-determination: Supporting successful transition (Links to an external site.). Research to Practice Brief: Improving Secondary Education and Transition Services Through Research, 2(1). Retrieved from http://www.ncset.org/publications/viewdesc.asp?id=962