Creativity and Innovation
Educators strive to create a classroom that instills creativity and innovation. In this discussion, you will think about the creative and innovative instructional approach known as the flipped classroom (Links to an external site.) while making direct connections to the Common Core State Standards and teacher decision-making based on student assessments. Reflecting on your previous discussion on CCSS (Links to an external site.) in Week 2, you will complete the three parts of this discussion’s initial post.
There are three parts to this discussion, which are described below.
- Discuss how the flipped classroom idea can be used in conjunction with CCSS (Math or English Language Arts)
- Describe ways you could incorporate technology used in the flipped classroom idea to support the Framework for 21st Century Learning (Links to an external site.) in the classroom as it relates to decision making based on student assessments.
Now, think about assessments you have created or used in the past to address the following:
- Discuss if a school or teacher should use a multimedia resource that is absolutely amazing in delivering both content and assessment but is not accessible.
- Evaluate whether the resource must be excluded from a course if there are no reasonably equivalent accessible alternatives.
- Attach a link to your FolioLinks to an external site..
- In one paragraph, reflect on your experience with the redesign in terms of challenges you encountered during the Week Two Assignment and how you overcame those challenges including any difficulties experienced in revising to meet the components of one ISTE-S standard (Links to an external site.) and the CCSS (Links to an external site.) (Math or English Language Arts) which are aligned with a minimum of one core subject and 21st century themes (Links to an external site.) and a minimum of one learning and innovation skill (Links to an external site.), one information, media, and technology skill (Links to an external site.), and evidence of at least one life and career skill (Links to an external site.).