Protecting the nation’s critical infrastructure is a major security challenge within the United States. Likewise, the responsibility for protecting the nation’s critical infrastructure encompasses all sectors of government, including private-sector cooperation. Get information on the SCADA worm, such as the article, SCADA Worm a ‘Nation State Search-and-Destroy Weapon’, using the Internet.Write a 3–5 page paper in which you:
- Describe the impact and the vulnerability of the SCADA/Stuxnet worm on the critical infrastructure of the United States.
- Describe the methods to mitigate the vulnerabilities as they relate to the seven domains.
- Assess the levels of responsibility between government agencies and the private sector for mitigating threats and vulnerabilities to our critical infrastructure.
- Assess the elements of an effective IT security policy framework and how these elements, if properly implemented, could prevent or mitigate and an attack similar to the SCADA/Stuxnet worm.
- Use three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.