Assess the implication of various approaches to research.
In most forms of research, researchers are supposed to be objective and free from bias. However, in reality, researchers have their own backgrounds and bias that can affect their studies. This activity will help you better understand this challenge faced by every researcher.
Upon successful completion of the course material, you will be able to:
- Assess the implication of various approaches to research.
Every researcher is biased in some way. It is essential that you understand your own biases. This takes practice. This activity will help you look at the concept of objectivity and how accomplished researchers in the past have struggled with the same topic.
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Prepare a discussion posting of at least 500 words that answers the following questions:
- How do the different views look at the problem of objectivity?
- Objectivity is a concept that had haunted science for centuries. Give some reasons for why this is so
- Chapter 7 Arbnor and Bjerke