An Introduction to Moral Philosophy
The article summary is 250-300 words in length double-spaced (1-1.5 pages), a summary of the 2 main viewpoints addressed in chapter 6 of the Wolff text, An Introduction to Moral Philosophy: psychological egoism and ethical egoism. For each viewpoint, carry out the following steps:
1) First define and explain both viewpoints: one or two sentences for each.
2) Second, concisely state the reasoning from the text for each of these viewpoints.
3) Finally, give your own evaluation of them. Do you agree or disagree with one, or both? Why or why not?
1st Note: Point form is acceptable for this assignment, even preferred.
2nd Note: You do not need to give any background information on the topic or author. You will be graded only on how well you understand the article and it will be important to state your ideas concisely to keep within the 300-word limit.
1. Readings Text: Wolff, Jonathan. Readings in Moral Philosophy. New York: W. W. Norton & Company, 2018.
2. Intro Text: Wolff, Jonathan. An Introduction to Moral Philosophy. New York: W. W. Norton & Company, 2018.