Signature Assignment: A Study of Theory and Development [due Mon]
- The importance of art in a child’s development and education is indisputable. Through the arts, learning can be more exciting and engaging for young children. The arts may promote development in key areas for young children, providing an opportunity for children with delays to make significant growth. As an early childhood educator, it is vital for you to understand the connection between a child’s development and their artistic development to better plan appropriate lessons.
Complete Parts 1 and 2 below.
Part 1: Developmental Considerations Paper
Write a 525- to 700-word paper that addresses the developmental considerations for early childhood arts education.
Complete the following in your paper:
- Explain the relationship between physical development and a child’s artistic abilities.
- Explain how cognitive development influences a child’s artistic development.
- Evaluate the physical, emotional, and environmental factors that influence a child’s artistic development.
- Describe the best practices for selecting developmentally appropriate arts activities.
- Part 2: Art and Multiple Intelligences Chart
Create a chart about multiple intelligences and early childhood arts education.
Complete the following in your chart:
- Explain how each of the following multiple intelligences are addressed in early childhood arts education:
- Recommend a minimum of 1 arts-based activity for each of the multiple intelligences, including reasoning to support alignment.
- Compile the following for submission:
- Developmental Considerations Paper
- Art and Multiple Intelligences Chart